Legal Over Under Super Bowl Betting
No matter the sport, if a betting line is created, there will almost always be an over/under included. With the final game on the NFL schedule bringing in the most wagering interest than any other each year, legal over under Super Bowl betting is likely the most gambled upon total.
Continue reading this guide to learn about legal Super Bowl betting on the over under at the world's best online sportsbooks. We explain how to make NFL over/under picks for the Super Bowl and how winning bets work. Don't make a Super Bowl over under bet without reading the following sections first.
Bovada Sportsbook - The Most Popular Super Bowl Sportsbook In America!
Bonus: 50% Sports Welcome Bonus up to $1,000
Bovada's online sportsbook is our top choice for betting on Super Bowl 57 over/under game lines. Not only do they offer game lines for every NFL competition, but there are also several other ways to bet, including live in-game betting, mobile betting, and parlays.
To make online sports wagering even easier, Bovada accepts multiple forms of popular cryptocurrencies, traditional banking methods, and P2P apps with player vouchers. To learn more about all the features Bovada offers, click the review link provided below or click on the Bet link and navigate the site for yourself.
Best Super Bowl Over / Under Betting Sites For 2023 - 2024 Bet On Super Bowl 57 At These Trusted Sportsbooks
What Is The Over Under For The Super Bowl?
An over under will be the numbers in any standard NFL betting line's third column of Super Bowl odds. The Super Bowl over under is the number of points that NFL oddsmakers have set as the total that both teams will combine to score.
Here is an example of a Super Bowl betting line with the over/under in bold.
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Point Spread: KC -3.0, TB +3.0
- Moneyline: KC -180, TB +150
- Over/Under: 58.0
Betting The Super Bowl Over
Using the above NFL game line, betting on the Super Bowl over means laying some action on the total combined points being 59 or more. Winning NFL over bets will happen when both teams combine for 59+ points, with wagers resulting in a push if the total is 58 exactly. Combined scores of 57 or below will be losers if betting the Super Bowl over.
Betting The Super Bowl Under
Betting on the under for the Super Bowl means wagering on both teams to score 57 or fewer total points using the above SB line. Combined scores of 57 or less will result in wins if betting the Super Bowl under and will push if the total equals 58. NFL under bets will be losers if the total points reach 59 or higher.
What If There Is A Half-Point?
If a half point is offered for a Super Bowl over/under – for example, 48.5 - that reduces the total variance from two points to one and removes the element of a push, as there is no decimal scoring in the NFL.
All Super Bowl over under bets on half-point totals are either winners or losers. Totals of 49 or higher are winners, and 48 or lower are losers, on Super Bowl over under odds of 48.5.
Super Bowl National Anthem Over Unders
One of the most popular Super Bowl prop bets on the boards each year involves the amount of time the pregame rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner will be. The National Anthem Super Bowl over under time usually hovers around the 2:00 minute mark but can be longer or shorter depending on the artist.
Gamblers enjoy wagering on National Anthem props because they are some of the first to cash in during the Super Bowl, with final outcomes rendered prior to kickoff.
Is It Legal To Bet On NFL Over Unders?
Yes. The NFL is the most popular betting sport in the United States, and the Super Bowl is the most gambled-on event of the year. Any state with a domestic sportsbook will feature NFL betting and Super Bowl odds, including the over under.
The same can be said for offshore sportsbook sites that allow betting on the Super Bowl over or under from any state in the country. No federal or state laws prevent internationally-based Super Bowl sportsbooks from accepting US gamblers over the web and allowing them to wager on NFL over unders.
Best Super Bowl Betting Apps
Super Bowl totals can be gambled on using iPhone sportsbooks, iPads, and other popular smartphones and tablets from inside the USA using any sportsbook we mention within this guide. Just click on any of them using your Apple or Android device, and the latest iPhone and Android Super Bowl odds and NFL over unders will populate screens.
These SB betting mobile apps operate just like a downloadable gambling application, but no download is needed because they are web-based and can be accessed using mobile browsers like Opera, Safari, and others.
The betting odds, SB betting lines, Super Bowl props, and over unders featured at the desktop version of the NFL sportsbook are also available on their corresponding mobile applications so members can wager when they want and where they want.
Super Bowl Over Under FAQs
- 2022 – LVII – TBD
- 2021 – LVI - LAR vs. CIN - 48.5 - UNDER
- 2020 – LV - KC vs. TB – 56 - UNDER
- 2019 – LIV - KC vs. SF – 54 - UNDER
- 2018 – LIII - NE vs. LAR – 58 - UNDER
- 2017 – LII - NE vs. PHI – 48 - OVER
- 2016 – LI - NE vs. ATL - 58.5 - OVER
- 2015 – 50 - DEN vs. CAR - 43.5 - UNDER
- 2014 – XLIX - NE vs. SEA -47.5 - OVER
- 2013 – XLVIII - DEN vs. SEA - 47.5 - OVER
- 2012 – XLVII - BAL vs. SF – 48 - OVER
- 2011 – XLVI - NE vs. NYG – 53 - UNDER
- 2010 – XLV - GB vs. PIT – 45 - OVER
- 2009 – XLIV - NO vs. IND – 57 - UNDER
- 2008 – XLIII - AZ vs. PIT – 46 - OVER
- 2007 – XLII - NYG vs. NE – 55 - UNDER
- 2006 – XLI - CHI vs. IND – 47 - UNDER
- 2005 – XL - SEA vs. PIT – 47 - UNDER
- 2004 – XXXIX - PHI vs. NE - 46.5 - UNDER
- 2003 – XXXVIII - CAR vs. NE - 37.5 - OVER
- 2002 – XXXVII - TB vs. OAK – 44 -OVER
- 2001 – XXXVI - STL vs. NE – 53 - UNDER
- 2000 – XXXV - NYG vs. BAL – 33 - OVER
- 1999 – XXXIV - STL vs. TEN – 45 - UNDER
- 1998 – XXXIII - ATL vs. DEN - 52.5 - OVER
- 1997 – XXXII - GB vs. DEN – 49 - OVER
- 1996 – XXXI - GB vs. NE – 49 - OVER
- 1995 – XXX - DAL vs. PIT – 51 - UNDER
- 1994 – XXIX - SF vs. SD - 53.5 - OVER
- 1993 – XXVIII - DAL vs. BUF - 50.5 - UNDER
- 1992 – XXVII - DAL vs. BUF - 44.5 - OVER
- 1991 – XXVI - WAS vs. BUF – 49 - OVER
- 1990 – XXV - NYG vs. BUF - 40.5 - UNDER
- 1989 – XXIV - SF vs. DEN – 48 - OVER
- 1988 – XXIII - SF vs. CIN - 48 - UNDER
- 1987 – XXII - WAS vs. DEN – 47 - OVER
- 1986 – XXI - NYG vs. DEN – 40 - OVER
- 1985 – XX - CHI vs. NE - 37.5 - OVER
- 1984 – XIX - SF vs. MIA - 53.5 - OVER
- 1983 – XVIII - WAS vs. OAK – 48 - UNDER
- 1982 – XVII - WAS vs. MIA - 36.5 - OVER
- 1981 – XVI - SF vs. CIN - 48 - UNDER
- 1980 – XV - PHI vs. OAK - 37.5 - UNDER
- 1979 – XIV - LA vs. PIT – 36 - OVER
- 1978 – XIII - DAL vs. PIT – 37 - OVER
- 1977 – XII - DAL vs. DEN – 39 - UNDER
- 1976 – XI - MIN vs. OAK – 38 - OVER
- 1975 – X - DAL vs. PIT – 36 - OVER
- 1974 – IX - MIN vs. PIT – 33 - UNDER
- 1973 – VIII - MIN vs. MIA – 33 - UNDER
- 1972 – VII - WAS vs. MIA – 33 - UNDER
- 1971 – VI - DAL vs. MIA – 34 - UNDER
- 1970 – V - DAL vs. BAL – 36 - UNDER
- 1969 - IV - MIN vs. KC – 39 - UNDER
- 1968 – III - BAL vs. NYJ – 40 - UNDER
- 1967 – II - GB vs. OAK – 43 - OVER
- 1966 – I - GB vs. KC - N/A – N/A
If the over under and the total Super Bowl points scored are the same, in most cases, the wager is a push, and all funds are returned to online accounts. We advise reading through each online sportsbook's policies regarding push bets.
Yes, live over under betting is offered at online Super Bowl sportsbooks, but each may differ in whether or not they allow for them to be wagered on in-game. Live Super Bowl betting typically includes points spreads, moneylines, the over/under, and props.
If you want to parlay an over/under with the point spread, moneyline, or a Super Bowl prop bet, that may be possible, but gamblers can only find out for sure by trying to add it to the bet slip or reading the fine print on the betting line if available. Any NFL betting line that says singles only or something similar is not eligible for inclusion in a Super Bowl parlay.
The Super Bowl normally starts at 6:30 PM Eastern and lasts until 11:00 PM or shortly after that due to the lengthy halftime performance and commercial breaks.