Welcome to our legal Super Bowl betting guide. We developed this site to help players from the United States learn about the legalities of betting on the Super Bowl, and what they can and can’t do in the eyes of the law. We also offer a preview of Super Bowl 54, betting tips, interesting facts and much more. In addition, you will find our own personal recommendations as to which online sports betting sites are the most reputable that hold legal and legitimate licensing in the industry. We hope you enjoy your stay and find our information useful.
Top Legal Online Sportsbook For US Players Betting on Super Bowl 54
Best Sports Betting Sites For Super Bowl LIV
|Site Name||Bonus Offer||Rating||USA|
|Bovada||50% Max $250|
|MyBookie||50% Max $1,000|
|Betonline||50% Max $1,000|
|SportsBetting||50% Max $1,000|
Super Bowl 53 Betting Results: Rams vs. Patriots
On Feb. 3, the AFC Champion New England Patriots defeated the NFC Champion Los Angeles Rams by a score of 13-3 in will meet in Super Bowl 53.
Tom Brady and the Patriots came into the game as a 3-point favorite to beat the Jared Goff and the Rams but only after the Rams opened as a 1-point favorite in the 2019 Super Bowl.
Bovada provided the betting line and the odds below reflected the point spread, money line, and over/under at kickoff of the 2019 matchup in Super Bowl 53 featuring the Rams and Patriots.
|NFL Team||Point Spread | Money Line | Over/Under|
|Los Angeles Rams||+3.0 (-115) | +125 | O: 57.0 (-105)||New England Patriots||-3.0 (+105) | -145 | U: 57.0 (-115)|
The Legalities – Is It Legal To Bet On The Super Bowl In The United States?
True to the theme of this guide, we want to make legal sports betting the center of the focus for Super Bowl 54, and we want to discuss your options for betting, including looking at states where you can legally bet on Super Bowl 54.
There are no US Federal gambling laws that prohibit American football fans from placing bets online at offshore sportsbooks. Only two states have enacted laws that restrict online betting, those being Connectice and Washington. US residents in all other states can bet on the Super Bowl at offshore sportsbooks that are operating legally within the industry, such as the ones listed in this guide.
State regulated sports betting is beginning to expand across the United States, and provides additional options to US football fans seeking legally sanctioned opportunities for betting on the Super Bowl. Most industry insiders expected the US to finally get on board with the legalization of sports betting as most sports fans in the country are in favor of this change. In fact, there was a great article on Espn stating taht 65% of all football fans are in favor of legalizing and regulating sports betting.
State Regulated Super Bowl Betting
There are some states that have legalized state regulated sports gambling following the repeal of PASPA, and they either have already or are in the process of launching domestic sportsbooks. To bet at these destinations requires that you are there in person.
For states with mobile and online sportsbooks, most require an initial face to face registration at a physical location and you must be present within state lines in order to participate. Bookmakers will make most of their money during football season, so it is probable that they will all offer betting lines for the Super Bowl.
You can review the complete list of states currently allowing domestic betting for Super Bowl 54 to find out if your state is among them.
How To Bet On The Super Bowl Legally
There are two primary ways to bet on the Super Bowl legally:
- Visit a reputable and secure offshore sportsbook that is operating legally within the industry.
- Visit one of the state regulated brick and mortar, mobile or online sportsbooks offering Super Bowl betting lines.
Offshore Super Bowl Betting Sites
Our preferred option to legally bet on the Super Bowl is to go to an offshore betting site. Since America doesn’t have any laws that prevent you from placing bets (with the excepton of CT and WA that specifically prohibit all online betting), you’re completely free to sign up with an offshore sportsbook and to bet as much on the game as you want, as many times as you want. So in terms of personal gambling choices, it is not illegal for you to bet as an American on the Super Bowl.
There are some distinct advantages to betting online at offshore sportsbooks, including:
- Convenience – you can place your bets from anywhere that you have an internet connection, any time of the day or night.
- Bonuss – offshore sportsbooks offer attractive bonuses and promotions for both new and returning members.
- Wider range of betting lines and wagering options – you will find significantly more options at offshore sportsbooks, both in terms of lines and bet types.
- In play betting – you can place live in-game bets during the Super Bowl from anywhere you have internet access.
- Shopping for the best odds and lines – when you are a member of multiple online sportsbooks, it is easy to shop for the best lines that give oyou the most favorable position to win.
Your Keys to Finding a Trustworthy Betting Site
So, you know now to find an offshore site on which to bet, but how do you go about finding one that’s worthy of your time and money? Needless to say, not all sportsbooks offshore are the same. Some are going to have different line types. Some won’t offer lucrative bonuses. Some may take a while to get your money in and out through their slow banking. While some will simply stand out as superior. Let’s give you a few tips on what to look for in a winning sportsbook. Before you put any type of money on the Super Bowl, you first need to find the right website. You should be looking for a site that offers:
- A great reputation, first and foremost, which can be gleaned from a site’s social media presence and how it’s received in general online
- A lucrative bonus that entices you to join up by offering you some free money on the back end
- A lot of line options; although you’re looking to bet on the Super Bowl, you may still want to stick around and bet on other sports
- Fast-loading, attractive software that hopefully offers you some streaming options for some games
- The right banking options for your current preference; e.g. Bitcoin, PayPal, working credit card options, etc
- A strong sense of security so you know that your account is always going to be safe
- A site that’s approved by us here at Legal Online Sports Betting. We’ll run through these sites and review them thoroughly, and we will point you in the direction of a site that’s good from top to bottom
Super Bowl Betting Tips
Before we wrap up here, we want to give you a few quick and simple tips for betting on the Super Bowl. Again, you don’t have to take our word for anything here. But we want you to win money while betting. The more you win, the better it looks for us as a betting resource site. So, here are a few things to keep in mind while betting:
- Do not over-extend yourself; keep your bets relatively small and manageable
- Research each team before betting, look at injury reports, weather conditions, and even see if you can find some practice footage (e.g. seeing if Brady is throwing the ball better may weigh in your decision)
- Trust only the best sportsbooks out there; in fact, follow our lead and go with one we recommend
- Don’t get carried away in prop betting or bet on every aspect of the game. Keep things contained to the bets you have researched
- Do not bet as a fan. Never bet as a fan. Don’t bet on the Pats just because you hate Jared Goff, or vice versa. This is a surefire way to lose
Types of Super Bowl Betting Wagering Options
There are quite a few ways to bet on the Super Bowl outside of the traditional bet types. We’ve covered a few of them here:
Information About Super Bowl Sunday in 2020
Super Bowl 54: NFC Champ vs. AFC Champ
Date: February 2nd, 2020
TV Channel: FOX
Location: Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida
National Anthem: TBA
Halftime Show: Jennifer Lopez, Shakira
Commercial Cost: TBA
Who Won Super Bowl 53 In 2019?
The New England Patriots won 13-3 in Super Bowl 53 against the Los Angeles Rams, winning their sixth title in franchise history and tying the Pittsburgh Steelers for most all-time. The win gave Bill Belichick and Tom Brady their sixth victory in nine Super appearances, which are NFL records for both a coach and a player.
The game started with a couple of miscues by the Patriots in the first quarter, which saw Brady throw an interception on the first drive and the Stephen Gostkowski miss a 46-yard field goal on their second drive. Unfortunately for the Rams, they would fail to capitalize and would punt on their first eight drives of the game.
However, wide receiver Julian Edelman would consistently move the sticks for the Patriots throughout the game even though the offense rarely finished a drive off with a score.
The Patriots finally got on the board with 10:29 left in the second quarter, taking a 3-0 lead on a 42-yard field goal by Gostkowski, where the score would remain going into halftime. Both teams would exchange punts again, and the Jared Goff would finally lead the Rams offense on a scoring drive and tie the game at 3-3 on a 53-yard field goal by Greg Zuerlein with 2:11 left in the third quarter.
After exchanging punts again, the Patriots would score the first touchdown of the game for either side with 7:00 left in the fourth quarter on a 2-yard touchdown run by Sony Michel after being set up by a 29-yard pass by Brady to Rob Gronkowski.
The Rams offense would drive deep into Patriots territory but Goff was intercepted after getting pressured by an all-out blitz. Brady would chew clock by handing the ball off to Michel and ended another drive with a Gostkowski field goal, making the score 13-3 with 1:12 remaining.
The Rams attempted to score quickly and attempt an onside kick, but Zuerlein missed a 48-yard field goal, which ended all hope for the Rams. Brady took a knee from the victory formation, and the Patriots became Super Bowl champions for the sixth time.
In the end, the Patriots (-3) covered the spread in Super Bowl 53, winning by 10 points. The final score of 13-3 (16 points) is the lowest score ever in the history of the Super Bowl and fell way under the total of 56.5 points. Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman was named Super Bowl 53 MVP for finishing the game with 10 catches for 141 receiving yards.
The Philadelphia bench stormed the field as the Patriots made their way to the locker room. For Foles, who thought about retiring and is now the Super Bowl MVP, this game was magnificent. The Eagles played well in each facet of the game against the league’s toughest opponent. This Philly team may be around for a while, so don’t be surprised to see them back next year.