Welcome to our legal Super Bowl betting guide. We developed this site to help players from the United States learn about the legalities of betting on the Super Bowl, and what they can and can’t do in the eyes of the law. We also offer a preview of Super Bowl 56, betting tips, interesting facts and much more.
In addition, you will find our own personal recommendations for where to bet on the Super Bowl, including which online sports betting sites are the most reputable and hold legal and legitimate licensing in the industry. We’d wish you good luck with all of your Super Bowl bets, but after a readthrough of this guide, you won’t need it.
Top Legal Online Sportsbook
For US Players Betting on Super Bowl 56
If you are looking to bet on Super Bowl 56, then we highly recommend Bovada sportsbook. They are one of the most trusted names in online sports betting and offer over 500 betting props for the big game.
Super Bowl Signup Bonus: For all players who signup and make a real money deposit between now and kick off time, Bovada will match your initial deposit with a 50% bonus up to $250 free.
Their website is mobile friendly and they offer live wagering during the big game. So if you don’t like the way your original bet is going, live betting gives you plenty of options to still win money. They also accept credit cards and bitcoin allowing players fast and secure options for depositing funds.
Best Super Bowl Betting Sites – Where to Bet on Super Bowl 56
|Site Link||Bonus Offer||Rating||USA|
|BovadaReview||50% Max $250|
|MyBookieReview||50% Max $1,000|
|Xbet Review||100% Max $500|
|BetonlineReview||50% Max $1,000|
|SportsBetting||50% Max $1,000|
Current Game Line Odds To Win Super Bowl 56
- Kansas City Chiefs +500
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers +600
- Buffalo Bills +1200
- Los Angeles Rams +1200
- San Francisco 49ers +1300
- Baltimore Ravens +1600
- Cleveland Browns +1600
- Green Bay Packers +1600
The Legalities – Is It Legal To Bet On The Super Bowl In The United States?
True to the theme of this guide, we want to make legal sports betting the main focus for Super Bowl 56, and we want to discuss your options for betting, including looking at states where you can legally bet on Super Bowl LV. The question we have found being asked over and over by football fans is overwhelmingly ‘is it legal to bet on the Super Bowl?’.
There are no US Federal gambling laws that prohibit American football fans from placing bets online at offshore sportsbooks. Only one state has enacted laws that restrict online betting, Washington. US residents in all other states can bet on the Super Bowl at offshore sportsbooks that are operating legally within the industry, such as the ones listed in this guide.
State-regulated sports betting is beginning to expand across the United States and provides additional options to US football fans seeking legally sanctioned opportunities for betting on the Super Bowl. Most industry insiders expected the US to finally get on board with the legalization of sports betting as most sports fans in the country are in favor of this change. In fact, ESPN has reported that 65% of all football fans are in favor of legalizing and regulating sports betting.
The following video explains some of the reasons that betting on the Super Bowl in the US is legal.
One piece of misinformation that the video does not touch on is the fact that anti-gambling advocates often cite the UIGEA as proof that it is not legal to bet on sports events like the Super Bowl at offshore sportsbooks. And to put it mildly, they are dead wrong.
The UIGEA, also known as the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act, simply regulates how gambling-related transactions are handled by payment processors. This law is directed only at the sportsbook operators and the payment processors and has no bearing on the actions of actual bettors. The law absolutely does not render offshore sports betting as illegal. Anyone who suggests otherwise either really doesn’t understand the application of the law, or has ulterior motives.
Where To Bet On Super Bowl 56
We recommend the sportsbooks listed on this page without hesitation if you’re seeking the best Super Bowl betting sites that boast a proven track record, strong reputation, a plethora of wagering options, betting lines for the big game, and generous bonus offers to boot. We ourselves are registered bettors at each of the sites listed on this page – and we use them to shop for the best lines and promotions – getting the most bang for our buck and putting our money where our mouth is. We only recommend US Super Bowl betting sites that we personally place our bets with.
If offshore betting sites are not what you’re looking for, then one of the multiple state-regulated sportsbooks would be a solid option if you are in or located near a region that allows for them. You can read more about these options below.
State Regulated Super Bowl Betting
There are some states that have legalized state-regulated sports gambling following the repeal of PASPA, and they either have already or are in the process of launching domestic sportsbooks. Betting at these destinations requires that you are there in person.
Most states with mobile and online sportsbooks require an initial face to face registration at a physical location and you must be present within state lines in order to participate. Bookmakers will make most of their money during football season, so it is probable that they will all offer betting lines for the Super Bowl.
You can review the complete list of states currently allowing domestic betting for Super Bowl 56 to find out if your state is among them.
How To Bet On The Super Bowl Legally
There are two primary ways to bet on the Super Bowl legally:
- Visit a reputable and secure international sportsbook site that is operating legally outside the jurisdiction of the United States.
- Place a wager at a state-regulated domestic sportsbook, or on a downloadable mobile betting app offering Super Bowl betting lines.
Offshore Super Bowl Betting Sites
Our preferred option to legally bet on the Super Bowl is to go to an offshore betting site. Since America doesn’t have any laws that prevent you from placing bets (with the exception of WA which specifically prohibits all online betting), you’re completely free to sign up with an offshore sportsbook and to bet as much on the game as you want, as many times as you want. So in terms of personal gambling choices, it is not illegal for you to bet as an American on the Super Bowl.
There are some distinct advantages to betting online at offshore sportsbooks, including:
- Convenience – you can place your bets from anywhere that you have an internet connection, any time of the day or night. There are also multiple deposit methods available for betting on the Super Bowl.
- Bonuses – offshore sportsbooks offer attractive bonuses and promotions for both new and returning members.
- A wider range of betting lines and wagering options – you will find significantly more options at offshore sportsbooks, both in terms of lines and bet types.
- In-play betting – you can place live in-game bets during the Super Bowl from anywhere you have internet access.
- Shopping for the best odds and lines – when you are a member of multiple online sportsbooks, it is easy to shop for the best lines that give you the most favorable position to win.
Your Keys to Finding a Trustworthy Betting Site
So, you know how to find an offshore site on which to bet, but how do you go about finding one that’s worthy of your time and money? Needless to say, not all sportsbooks offshore are the same. Some are going to have different line types. Some won’t offer lucrative bonuses. Some may take a while to get your money in and out through their slow banking. While some will simply stand out as superior. Let’s give you a few tips on what to look for in a winning sportsbook. Before you put any type of money on the Super Bowl, you first need to find the right website. You should be looking for a site that offers:
- A great reputation, first and foremost, which can be gleaned from a site’s social media presence and how it’s received in general online
- A lucrative bonus that entices you to join up by offering you some free money on the back end
- Betting line options; although you’re looking to bet on the Super Bowl, you may still want to stick around and bet on other sports
- Fast-loading, attractive software that hopefully offers you some streaming options for some games
- The right banking options for your current preference; e.g. Bitcoin, PayPal, working credit card options, etc.
- A strong sense of security so you know that your account is always going to be safe
- A site that’s approved by us here at Legal Online Super Bowl Betting. We’ll run through these sites and review them thoroughly, and we will point you in the direction of a site that’s good from top to bottom
Super Bowl Betting Tips
Before we wrap up here, we want to give you a few quick and simple tips for betting on the Super Bowl. Again, you don’t have to take our word for anything here. But we want you to win money while betting. The more you win, the better it looks for us as a betting resource site. So, here are a few things to keep in mind while betting:
- Do not over-extend yourself; keep your bets relatively small and manageable
- Research each team before betting, look at injury reports, weather conditions, and even see if you can find some practice footage (e.g. seeing if Brady is throwing the ball better may weigh in your decision)
- Trust only the best sportsbooks out there; in fact, follow our lead and go with one we recommend
- Don’t get carried away in prop betting or bet on every aspect of the game. Keep things contained to the bets you have researched
- Do not bet as a fan. Never bet as a fan. Don’t bet on the Pats just because you hate Jared Goff, or vice versa. This is a surefire way to lose
Types of Super Bowl Betting Options
There are quite a few ways to bet on the Super Bowl outside of the traditional bet types. We’ve covered a few of them here:
Information About Super Bowl Sunday in 2021
Super Bowl 56: AFC vs. NFC
Date: February 13th, 2022
TV Channel: NBC
Location: SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California
National Anthem: TBA
Halftime Show: TBA
Commercial Cost: 5 million +
Who Won Super Bowl 55 In 2021?
- Kansas City Chiefs 9, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31
- Super Bowl LV MVP: Tom Brady
Who Won Super Bowl 54 In 2020?
- Kansas City Chiefs 31, San Francisco 49ers 20
- Super Bowl LV MVP: Patrick Mahomes