Several online sportsbooks are gearing up for Super Bowl 55 betting action, but have you considered placing a bet on the Animal Planet Puppy Bowl? As this event has become more and more popular over the last 5 years, these four-legged football players have now garnered the attention of the oddsmakers and several premium sportsbooks.
Team Ruff and Team Fluff are getting prepared for Puppy Bowl XVII, and online sportsbooks are taking wagers on the big game. You can find out more about how to bet on the Puppy Bowl by reading through this guide and visiting one of our recommended sportsbooks that are currently offering betting lines.
Is it legal to bet on the Puppy Bowl?
Yes, it is legal to bet on the Puppy Bowl via an offshore sportsbook, or, if available, a local, state-regulated sportsbook that is offering betting lines on the event. There are no US federal gambling laws that prohibit anyone from placing bets online at offshore sportsbooks.
Connecticut and Washington both have passed legislation barring all forms of online gambling, and while the prohibition is not currently enforced, residents are still betting at their own risk should they choose to register and place bets at one of the online sportsbooks listed on this page. These are the only two states with any restrictions of this type.
Where to bet on the Puppy Bowl
Bovada is currently the only recommended online sportsbook that is offering betting lines on Puppy Bowl XVII – but it is possible that the other bookmakers listed here will include Puppy Bowl betting odds closer to the big game. We’ll update this information as sportsbooks add odds and lines for the event.
|Site Link||Bonus Offer||Rating||USA|
|BovadaReview||50% Max $250|
|MyBookieReview||50% Max $1,000|
|Xbet||100% Max $500|
|BetonlineReview||50% Max $1,000|
|SportsBetting||50% Max $1,000|
How to bet on the Puppy Bowl
If you are not already a member at one of our recommended online sportsbooks, then joining is easy.
Just follow these simple steps and you’ll be laying down bets in no time:
- Create a profile: this will include a login, password, and the entering of other personal data such as your name, address, DOB, etc..
- Fund your account: once you have your profile setup, you will need to add funds to your account. Funds can be added to your account with a debit or credit card, cryptocurrency, or various other methods. **Helpful hint: using cryptocurrency is the fastest, most secure deposit method option and sets you up for same-day payouts. Check out Bovada’s Zelle to Bitcoin option that allows you to instantly purchase Bitcoin with no waiting periods. Just click their link above and follow their guided registration and Bitcoin purchasing process.
- Claim your bonus!!! Be sure to browse the bonus opportunities. Most online sportsbooks will offer a welcome bonus that will match a portion of your initial deposit, increasing the amount of funds that you have available in your account to bet with.
- Place your bet: Bovada has the Puppy Bowl betting lines listed under Super Bowl Specials. Once you’ve navigated to the appropriate betting line, select the line(s) you want to bet on and complete your bet slip. You’ll instantly see how much you stand to win with the wager you choose.
Now that you’ve placed your bets, you can relax and enjoy Puppy Bowl XVII and wait for the outcome.
Puppy Bowl Betting Odds
Yes, there are odds on the outcome of the Puppy Bowl, and yes, there is a game spread. While betting on the Puppy Bowl may be a new niche within the Super Bowl props betting market, we wouldn’t be surprised to see the momentum continue to build for this fun and super adorable betting option.
Puppy Bowl XVII Game Spread: Team Fluff vs. Team Ruff (TBA)
Puppy Bowl Prop Bets
If you don’t feel like betting on the outcome of the game, there are several Super Bowl prop bets available to make the Puppy Bowl more interesting. While there have yet to be prop bets added to the board for Puppy Bowl 17, here are a few of the lines from last year’s event:
- Age of MVP (Most Valuable Puppy): Over 17.5 Weeks +135 Under 17.5 Weeks -175
- First letter of the name of the MVP: A-J -120 K-Z -120
- Gender of MVP: Male -130 Female -110
- Will Michael Vick tweet about the Puppy Bowl? Yes +1400 No -10000
- Will a puppy attempt to mate? Yes +350 No -600
- Will the MVP be pure bread or mixed breed? Pure Bred +600 Mixed Breed -1200
How to watch the Puppy Bowl
Puppy Bowl XVII will air live on Animal Planet at 3 pm on Sunday, February 7th. You can also view the Puppy Bowl live on Animal Planet’s website, but you must sign in using your TV provider credentials.
What is the Puppy Bowl?
The Puppy Bowl is a game played between two teams made up of puppies and is played on Super Bowl Sunday. Its primary intent is to be an alternative viewing option for the Super Bowl and to raise awareness regarding the adoption of sheltered pets. The game is filmed over several days, usually in October, and is edited together to resemble an actual athletic competition between the two teams of puppies.
Each puppy participating in the Puppy Bowl is from a shelter is made available for adoption upon the conclusion of the game.
You can view the starting puppy bowl lineup of each team via Animal Planet’s website. While there, you can have a look at Animal Planet Puppy Bowl trading cards. You can either browse available cards or create your own and enter to win a sweepstakes where you can win a $1000 donation to be directed towards an animal shelter of your choice.
You can also see who won the Puppy Bowl in previous years. The Puppy Bowl Lineup 2020 is sure to serve up excitement and make this one of the most competitive Animal Planet Puppy Bowls yet.
The game lasts around 2 hours and features a Kitty Half Time Show where adoptable kittens scratch a scratching post near midfield for several minutes.
How do I adopt a puppy featured in the Puppy Bowl?
Unfortunately, due to the advance filming of the Puppy Bowl,
the puppies were all adopted months before the airing of the game. The Puppy Bowl event is designed to raise
awareness and to encourage animal adoption.