Welcome to our legal super bowl betting guide. We developed this site to help players from the United States learn about the legalities of betting on the super bowl, and what they can and can’t do in the eyes of the law. We also offer a preview of super bowl 50, betting tips, interesting facts and much more. In addition you will find our own personal recommendations as to which online sports betting sites are the most reputable that hold legal and legitimate licensing in the industry. We hope you enjoy your stay and find our information useful.
Top Legal Online Sportsbook For US Players
Best Sports Betting Sites For Super Bowl 52
|Site Name||Bonus Offer||Rating||USA|
|Betonline||50% Max $2500|
|Bovada||50% Max $250|
|SportsBetting||75% Max $1,000|
Superbowl LII Betting Odds
The odds below reflect the future betting odds for a particular team to make it to the super bowl.
“The Odds Have Not Been Posted Yet” No matter what, bet responsibly with your head, not your heart, by putting in the time to research both teams
The Legalities – Is It Legal To Bet On The Super Bowl In The United States?
Throughout this Super Bowl preview piece, we’re going to get into the game itself, as in how popular it is and the teams playing there. But before we do all that, we really want to start off speaking about the legality of it. True to the theme of our resource site here, we want to make sports betting the center of the focus for Super Bowl 51, and we want to discuss your options for betting.
To start, let’s cover the legality of it. Many people just want to know is betting on the super bowl illegal. Is there some exception made for betting on the Super Bowl that’s not made for other sports? Unfortunately, no; sports betting is considered to be illegal (to offer) in 46 of 50 states, with the only exempt states being Delaware, New Jersey, Nevada, and Colorado. However, you wouldn’t find much to bet on in Delaware or the Mile High state. They operate more or less sports lotteries and not sportsbooks, so your options would be in casino cities like AC or Vegas. And, of course, if you’re not there in person, you cannot bet in a live shop, and if you’re not a resident of those states, you cannot use their online sites. So, where do you go to bet on the Super Bowl?
You want to go to an offshore betting site. In short, an offshore site is a website that’s located outside of America’s jurisdiction and thus is not beholden to the laws of the USA. Since America doesn’t have any laws that prevent you from betting, only laws that prevent people from offering the bets to you, you’re completely free to sign up with an offshore sportsbook and to bet as much on the game as you want, as many times as you want. So in terms of personal gambling choices, it’s completely legal for you to bet as an American on the Super Bowl. Now, if you wanted to create a sportsbook just for Super Bowl action in America, you’d likely end up in jail.
Your Keys to Finding a Trustworthy Betting Site
So, you know now to find an offshore site on which to bet, but how do you go about finding one that’s worthy of your time and money? Needless to say, not all sportsbooks offshore are the same. Some are going to have different line types. Some won’t offer lucrative bonuses. Some may take a while to get your money in and out through their slow banking. While some will simply stand out as superior. Let’s give you a few tips on what to look for in a winning sportsbook. Before you put any type of money on the Super Bowl, you first need to find the right website. You should be looking for a site that offers:
- A great reputation, first and foremost, which can be gleaned from a site’s social media presence and how it’s received in general online
- A lucrative bonus that entices you to join up by offering you some free money on the back end
- A lot of line options; although you’re looking to bet on the Super Bowl, you may still want to stick around and bet on other sports
- Fast-loading, attractive software that hopefully offers you some streaming options for some games
- The right banking options for your current preference; e.g. Bitcoin, PayPal, working credit card options, etc
- A strong sense of security so you know that your account is always going to be safe
- A site that’s approved by us here at Legal Online Sports Betting. We’ll run through these sites and review them thoroughly, and we will point you in the direction of a site that’s good from top to bottom
Super Bowl Betting Tips
Before we wrap up here, we want to give you a few quick and simple tips for betting on the Super Bowl. Again,, you don’t have to take our word for anything here. But we want you to win money while betting. The more you win, the better it looks for us as a betting resource site. So, here are a few things to keep in mind while betting:
- Do not over-extend yourself; keep your bets relatively small and manageable
- Research each team before betting, look at injury reports, weather conditions, and even see if you can find some practice footage (e.g. seeing if Manning is throwing the ball better may weigh in your decision)
- Trust only the best sportsbooks out there; in fact, follow our lead and go with one we recommend
- Don’t get carried away in prop betting or bet on every aspect of the game. Keep things contained to the bets you have researched
- Do not bet as a fan. Never bet as a fan. Don’t bet on the Pats just because you hate Matt Ryan, or vice versa. This is a surefire way to lose
Information About Super Bowl Sunday
Date: February 5th
Kickoff Time: 6:30
TV Channel: Fox
Location: NRG Stadium, Houston
Half Time Show: Lady Gaga