The San Francisco 49ers are the early favorites to win Super Bowl 58. They hold a 2-point lead in the point spread over the Kansas City Chiefs, implying they’ll get their revenge for their loss in Super Bowl LIV in 2019.
Not many experts picked the Chiefs to win the AFC entering the 2023-24 NFL Playoffs. During the regular season, KC dropped games to the Las Vegas Raiders, Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos, and Detroit Lions.
Their postseason path includes wins at home against the Miami Dolphins and two victories on the road, where they were underdogs to the Bills and Baltimore Ravens. Can they do it for a third game in a row against the favored 49ers, and should we be betting on the Kansas City Chiefs to win Super Bowl LVIII?
Here are five reasons why betting on KC may be a good idea.
5 Reasons To Bet On The Chiefs To Win The Super Bowl
- Experience – Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, and Andy Reid have been to four of the last five Super Bowls. They’ve already won two out of the three prior big games they’ve been a part of and seek to add to their legacy as a dynasty by capturing their third Lombardi Trophy as a trio.
- Prior Wins Against The Spread – As mentioned in our intro, the Chiefs have won the last two games as underdogs on the road, proving they have what it takes to overcome oddsmakers’ expectations. The Super Bowl point spread favors the 49ers by 2, but that’s not a safe margin against a Mahomes-led team.
- The Kansas City Chiefs Defense – The Baltimore Ravens seemed unbeatable heading into the AFC Championship Game, but Kansas City’s defense turned up big and held Lamar Jackson and friends to 10 total points. They gave up 24 to the Bills, but squashed the potent Dolphins offense in the Wild Card Round, only letting up a touchdown. The KC defense is allowing an average of 13.7 points in their three playoff games.
- Isaiah Pacheco – The second-year running back for the Chiefs has been getting a lot of work over the past three games, and it has been paying off for the Kansas City offense. Super Bowl prop bets suggest that he will get north of 70 rushing yards against the stingy 49ers defense, and the Chiefs will need every inch of it to get the job done.
- Patrick Mahomes – When it comes down to making a crucial decision in the final seconds of the game, there’s no one better than Patrick Mahomes at handling that task. He has proven time and time again that all he requires is a few seconds on the clock and one final possession to either take the game to overtime or win outright. As long as KC is within 8 points and there is time remaining, don’t count out the Chiefs.